Bhajiya (Red gram patties)
- 5 oz Red gram arhar dat, washed, soaked for 2 hours
- 2 Onions medium-sized, chopped
- 3 tbsp Green coriander hara dhaniya, chopped
- 20 Curry leaves kadhi patta
- 3 Green chillies chopped
- 5 Garlic lasan cloves, crushed
- Salt to taste Vegetable oil for frying
- Drain the red gram and grind coarsely. Add all the ingredients (except oil) and a little water to make a stiff batter.
- Divide the batter into equal portions and shape each into patties.
- Heat the oil in a wok (kadhai); add a few patties, at a time, and deep-fry till golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on absorbent kitchen towels.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney
Calories: 167 kcal
Carbohydrates: 31 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 129 mg
Potassium: 383 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 322 IU
Vitamin C: 110 mg
Calcium: 112 mg
Iron: 2 mg