2 tsps oil
450 g (1 lb) pork fillet, cut into 2.5 cm (1 inch) cubes
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander
1 small onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
30 g (1 oz) flour
15 g (1/2 oz) instant coffee
430 ml (3/4 pint) stock
1/2 red pepper, diced
1/2 green pepper, diced
1 small chilli pepper, seeded and chopped
430 g (15 oz) canned red kidney beans, rinsed
430 g (15 oz) canned chickpeas, rinsed
Tortilla chips to garnish
1. Heat a browning dish for 5 minutes on HIGH. Put in the oil and add the pork cubes. Cook for 4 minutes on HIGH, stirring frequently, until slightly browned.
2. Add the cumin, coriander, garlic, onion and flour, and cook for 1 - 2 minutes on HIGH.
3. Dissolve the instant coffee in the stock and add to the casserole, stirring well.
4. Add the peppers, cover, and cook on MEDIUM for 30 minutes.
5. Add the beans and chickpeas and heat for 4 minutes on MEDIUM. Serve with tortilla chips.
40 people have helped to review this recipe. Thankyou!