Valentine Flamed Strawberries and Chocolate
Valentine Flamed Strawberries and Chocolate are perfect for just about any occasion. They are delicious, look stunning, and are the perfect gift for your love.
- 3 1/2 oz bar dark chocolate - 70% cocoa solids
- 3/4 lb punnet strawberries
- 4 tbsp Brandy or Kirsch
- 2 oz caster sugar superfine granulated
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp double cream heavy cream
- Place the chocolate in a bowl and place over a pan of hot water to melt.
- Hull the strawberries and cut in half. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and add the strawberries and the Brandy or Kirsch. Cook for 30 seconds only, then remove from the heat. Light with a match and stand back. Once the flames have gone, remove the strawberries to a serving plate keeping the juices in the pan.
- Put the frying pan back over the heat, add the sugar and butter, and stir together until the mixture begins to caramelise. Lastly add the cream and stir through.
- Pour the sauce over the strawberries, drizzle over the melted chocolate, and serve immediately.
Calories: 682 kcal
Carbohydrates: 65 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 23 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 52 mg
Sodium: 118 mg
Potassium: 631 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 49 g
Vitamin A: 610 IU
Vitamin C: 100 mg
Calcium: 77 mg
Iron: 7 mg