Rice noodles are sold dried and need to be soaked before use - just follow the pack directions, and then use them in this delicious stir fry.
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce or dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chilli sauce according to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 8 oz firm tofu cubed
- 3 1/2 oz rice noodles
- 1 teaspoon stir fry oil or sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 9 oz fresh or frozen stir fry vegetables
- 2 oz fresh beansprouts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a handful of spring onions shredded into fine strips, to garnish
- Mix together the Teriyaki sauce or soy sauce, lime or lemon juice, chilli sauce and chopped coriander in a non metallic bowl. Add the tofu cubes,
- stir well, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to cook, put the noodles into a large bowl and cover them with warm water. Leave them to soak for about 5 minutes, or follow the pack instructions, then drain well.
- Heat the stir fry oil or sesame oil in a wok or large frying pan. Add the garlic and vegetables (but not the beansprouts) and stir fry them over
- a high heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Acid the noodles to the wok or frying pan and cook, stirring, for another 2 minutes. Now add the beansprouts and tofu with its marinade.
- Cook over a medium to high heat, stirring gently, for 1 - 2 minutes until all the ingredients are heated through. Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste and then serve, garnished with the spring onions.
Calories: 409 kcal
Carbohydrates: 67 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 1212 mg
Potassium: 381 mg
Fiber: 8 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 6498 IU
Vitamin C: 20 mg
Calcium: 193 mg
Iron: 4 mg