Tagliatelle et Garlic Sauce
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 bunch spring onions scallions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 8 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1 lb fresh green and white tagliatelle
- 8 oz frozen chopped leaf spinach thawed and drained
- 4 1/2 oz full-fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 4 tbsp single light cream
- 2 oz chopped unsalted pistachio nuts
- 2 tbsp shredded fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- sprigs of fresh basil to garnish
- Italian bread to serve
- Gently heat the oil in a wok or frying pan (skillet) and fry the spring onions (scallions) and garlic for 1 minute or until just softened. Add the mushrooms, stir well, cover and cook gently for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and
- cook the pasta for 3-5 minutes or until just tender. Drain the pasta thoroughly and return to the saucepan.
- Add the spinach to the mushrooms and heat through for 1-2 minutes. Add the cheese and allow to melt slightly. Stir in the cream and continue to heat without allowing to boil.
- Pour the mixture over the pasta, season to taste and mix well. Heat gently, stirring, for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Pile into a warmed serving bowl and sprinkle over the pistachio nuts and shredded basil. Garnish with basil sprigs and serve with Italian bread.
Calories: 777 kcal
Carbohydrates: 89 g
Protein: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 12 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 147 mg
Sodium: 180 mg
Potassium: 907 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 6058 IU
Vitamin C: 19 mg
Calcium: 156 mg
Iron: 5 mg