- 4 oz tagliatelle or linguine
- low fat cooking spray
- 1 rasher of lean back bacon snipped into pieces
- 4 spring onions chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove peeled and left whole
- 3 1/2 oz tub of low fat soft cheese with herbs
- 1 small egg
- 3 1/2 floz skimmed milk
- 1/2 oz finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of fresh parsley to garnish
- Cook the tagliatelle or linguine in a large pan of lightly salted, boiling water for about 8 minutes, or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, heat a frying pan and spray it with low fat cooking spray. Add the bacon and spring onions, and saute them with the garlic clove for about 5 minutes, until the onions are softened. Remove the garlic clove and discard - it has just been used to impart a little flavour to the finished dish.
- Beat the soft cheese and egg together in a mixing bowl, and then add the bacon and spring onions, stirring until the mixture is combined. Add the milk, half the Parmesan cheese and the parsley. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Drain the pasta, reserving two tablespoons of the cooking liquid, and then return it to the saucepan with the reserved liquid. Stir in the egg and cheese mixture, and heat gently for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring, until it has cooked and thickened slightly.
- Serve the pasta, sprinkled with the remaining Parmesan cheese and garnished with sprigs of parsley.
- Variation: For a vegetarian alternative, omit the bacon and add 50 g (1 3/4 oz) of sliced button mushrooms. The Points per serving will be 5 1/2.
Calories: 522 kcal
Carbohydrates: 48 g
Protein: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 14 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 198 mg
Sodium: 417 mg
Potassium: 430 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 1398 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 252 mg
Iron: 2 mg