Sole Baked with Parmesan Cheese
- 4 Dover or lemon sole skinned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 oz butter
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 oz Parmesan cheese finely grated
- 4 braised celery hearts to serve
- Pre heat the oven to gas mark 5, 375°F (190°C).
- Wash the fish and pat it dry with kitchen paper. Season each side of the fish with pepper and lay them in a lightly buttered shallow baking dish.
- Pour the wine and the lemon juice around (not over) the fish, and cover each one with finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Towards the end of the cooking time, reheat the braised celery.
- When the fish are baked, flash the dish under a pre heated grill to colour the melted Parmesan cheese.
- Now arrange the braised celery in the dish with the sole and take straight to the table and serve with the juices.
Calories: 778 kcal
Carbohydrates: 2 g
Protein: 120 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 435 mg
Sodium: 3059 mg
Potassium: 1498 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 661 IU
Vitamin C: 7 mg
Calcium: 449 mg
Iron: 2 mg