- 1 lb whole fillet Tenderloin Steak
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp hardwood shavings
for the sauce
- 13 oz canned peaches in fruit juice
- good pinch dried or 1 tsp chopped fresh mint
- Brush meat with oil and sprinkle black pepper over evenly, pressing it firmly onto meat.
- Sprinkle shavings along the sides of a heavy-based saucepan. The wood shavings must be dry hardwood. Use apple or pear wood, or hickory chips if available.
- Place a rack in the saucepan and position the meat on top.
- Cover the saucepan tightly by placing a layer of foil over the top, followed by the lid.
- Place the saucepan on the cooker and turn heat to high for 40 minutes, then turn down to low for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with sauce (see below).
- to make the sauce
- Liquidize peaches and half of the juice.
- Add mint.
Calories: 378 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 21 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 79 mg
Sodium: 56 mg
Potassium: 520 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 300 IU
Vitamin C: 6 mg
Calcium: 13 mg
Iron: 3 mg