Scrambled Eggs With Spring Onions Indian Style
- 10 large spring onions
- 1 green chilli pepper
- ghee clarified butter
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp concentrated tomato puree
- 8 eggs
- 4 floz double cream heated
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- chapatis Stuffed Parathas or Spiced Lentils and Spinach
- Cut off the root end and remove the outermost layer of the spring onions; slice both the bulb and leaves into thin rings. Remove the stalk and seeds from the chilli pepper and chop finely.
- Heat 4 tbsp ghee in a wide, non-stick frying pan and gently fry the spring onions and the chopped chilli over a low heat for 12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Toast the cumin seeds for about 30 seconds in a small non-stick frying pan over a fairly high heat,
- stirring continuously with a wooden spatula or spoon; when they start to jump about, they are done. Remove from the heat immediately and set aside.
- Mix the tomato puree with 2 tbsp hot water and stir into the onions over a moderate heat for 1 minute to allow excess moisture to evaporate. Break the eggs into a large mixing bowl and beat briefly with a pinch of salt.
- With the heat on very low under the frying pan containing the onions, pour in the beaten eggs; stir until the egg mixture has thickened but is still very creamy (about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes). Remove from the heat, quickly add the cream (have this ready warmed), the cumin seeds and chopped coriander leaves and stir for about 1/2 - 1 minute.
- Serve at once on very hot plates.
Calories: 246 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 368 mg
Sodium: 182 mg
Potassium: 276 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 1273 IU
Vitamin C: 8 mg
Calcium: 99 mg
Iron: 3 mg