Neapolitan Veal Cutlets
These are the most delicious veal cutlets you'll ever have! Get the recipe for this Neapolitan dish.
- 7 oz butter
- 4 veal cutlets trimmed weighing 9 oz each
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 6 oz button mushrooms
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 8 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 14 oz dried marille
- 3 1/2 floz scant 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz mascarpone cheese broken into small pieces
- 2 large beef tomatoes cut in half
- leaves of 1 fresh basil sprig
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Melt 60 g (2 oz) 4 tbsp of the butter in a frying pan (skillet). Fry the veal over a low heat for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a dish and keep warm.
- Fry the onion and apples in the pan until lightly browned. Transfer to a dish, place the veal on top and keep warm.
- Melt the remaining butter in the frying pan (skillet). Gently fry the mushrooms, tarragon and peppercorns over a low heat for 3 minutes. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and 1 tbsp of oil. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes or until tender, but still firm to the bite. Drain; transfer to a plate.
- Grill (broil) or fry the tomatoes and basil for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Top the pasta with the mascarpone cheese and sprinkle over the remaining olive oil. Place the onions, apples and veal cutlets on top of the pasta. Spoon the mushrooms, peppercorns and pan juices on to the cutlets, place the tomatoes and basil leaves around the edge and place in a preheated oven at 150°C/300°F/Gas Mark 2 for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.
Calories: 766 kcal
Carbohydrates: 22 g
Protein: 33 g
Saturated Fat: 29 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 203 mg
Sodium: 729 mg
Potassium: 920 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 1881 IU
Vitamin C: 17 mg
Calcium: 98 mg
Iron: 2 mg