This dish is a French classic. These scallops are cooked in butter with garlic and parsley.
- 8 large scallops
- Maldon or sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 oz unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons home-made dried breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- Prepare the scallops (see Cook's Tip), cut each one in half horizontally and put the discs into a shallow bowl, sprinkle them lightly with salt and black pepper, then pour over the lemon juice.
- Melt 25 g (1 oz) of the butter in a large frying pan, add the oil, then the breadcrumbs and fry gently for 2-3 minutes until lightly crisp and golden.
- Tip the breadcrumbs into a bowl and reserve. Wipe the pan clean with absorbent kitchen paper and return to the heat.
- Melt the remaining butter and when just starting to bubble, add the scallop discs and fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the finely chopped garlic and parsley, then add the corals and continue cooking for another minute. Mix in the breadcrumbs, then quickly divide between the shells or small serving dishes and serve immediately.
- To prepare the scallops, detach from the shells, separating the coral from the white flesh. Cut off and discard any black pieces and the greyish gristle.
Calories: 224 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 45 mg
Sodium: 195 mg
Potassium: 120 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 697 IU
Vitamin C: 9 mg
Calcium: 32 mg
Iron: 1 mg