Button mushroom provencal
This classic French dish is made with mushrooms, shallots, white wine, tomatoes, French bread and olive oil.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 oz button mushrooms
- 2 shallots chopped finely 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons medium white wine
- 8 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 2 3/4 oz pieces of French bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and add the mushrooms, shallots and garlic. Stir fry for 2 minutes and then pour in the wine, tomatoes and sugar
- Bring to the boil and then cook over a fairly high heat for 10 minutes, until the sauce reduces a little.
- Meanwhile, toast the French bread pieces until they are lightly golden. Once the mushroom sauce has reduced, stir in the parsley and season to taste.
- Arrange the toasts on two serving plates and spoon the mushrooms on top.
Calories: 235 kcal
Carbohydrates: 38 g
Protein: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 377 mg
Potassium: 931 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 471 IU
Vitamin C: 22 mg
Calcium: 75 mg
Iron: 4 mg