Rich Chocolate Ice Cream
- 8 1/2 floz milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 eggs
- 1/4 cup caster sugar superfine granulated
- 3 1/2 oz plain chocolate
- 65 ml water
- 4 floz double cream heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Heat the milk until almost boiling.
- Beat the yolks, egg, and sugar together until thick and white, and add the hot milk, stirring well.
- Return the mixture to the pan and cook, without boiling, until the custard thickens, stirring all the time. Strain
- Break up the chocolate roughly and melt it in the water, either in a double saucepan or in a basin over hot water.
- Add the melted chocolate to the hot custard, and leave to cool.
- Whip the cream until semi-stiff and fold it into the custard mixture with the vanilla essence.
- Turn into a suitable container.
- Chill until thoroughly cold, cover closely and half freeze
- Beat the mixture well. Re-freeze until firm; label and store.
- Ice creams made with an electric ice cream maker are prepared somewhat differently, and the manufacturer's directions should be followed
Calories: 261 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 189 mg
Sodium: 45 mg
Potassium: 142 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 570 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 84 mg
Iron: 1 mg