Raspberry Ice Cream
- 4 1/3 floz milk
- 8 floz double cream heavy cream
- 2 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup caster sugar superfine granulated (superfine sugar)
- 14 oz Raspberries
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar table sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- red food colouring
- Put the milk and cream in a saucepan and bring almost to boiling point.
- Beat together the yolks and caster sugar (superfine sugar), add to the milk and cream, and return to low heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture thickens.
- Rub the Raspberries through a nylon sieve.
- Fold the granulated sugar into the puree.
- Mix with the custard, and add lemon juice and a few drops of red food colouring.
- Turn into a suitable container.
- Chill until thoroughly cold, cover closely and half freeze
- Beat the mixture well. Re-freeze until firm; label and store.
- Ice creams made with an electric ice cream maker are prepared somewhat differently, and the manufacturer's directions should be followed.
Calories: 307 kcal
Carbohydrates: 37 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 121 mg
Sodium: 28 mg
Potassium: 166 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 31 g
Vitamin A: 723 IU
Vitamin C: 18 mg
Calcium: 74 mg
Iron: 1 mg