Prawn and Chive Omelette
- 2 large eggs
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp low fat natural fromage frais
- 1 tbsp finely snipped chives
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fry Light for spraying
- 2 oz cooked peeled prawns roughly chopped
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and add the garlic, fromage frais, chives and seasoning. Beat lightly with a fork to combine; do not overbeat.
- Place a 15 cm (6 in) non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and spray the base lightly with Fry Light. When the pan is hot, pour in the egg mixture, tilting the pan to spread the mixture evenly over the base. Quickly stir the mixture with a fork then, as the egg begins to set, gently lift the edges of the omelette so that any liquid egg can flow underneath.
- Scatter over the chopped prawns and cook until the underside of the omelette is set and golden and there is virtually no liquid egg mixture left.
- Fold the omelette over and carefully slide it out of the pan on to a warm plate. Eat immediately, with a crisp green salad.
- You can vary the herb flavouring and filling as you like ... the possibilities are endless. Try the following combinations: mushrooms and parsley; smoked salmon and dill; tomato, chilli and coriander.
Calories: 191 kcal
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Protein: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 421 mg
Sodium: 202 mg
Potassium: 320 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 632 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 117 mg
Iron: 2 mg