Pineapple and Lemon Mousse
- 1 1/2 oz toasted almonds
- 3 size 3 eggs separated
- 3 oz caster sugar
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 oz powdered gelatine
- 2 tbsp water
- 8 oz can pineapple slices drained
- 1/4 pint double cream lightly whipped
- Place the almonds in the processor bowl, chop finely and reserve.
- Put egg yolks, sugar, lemon rind and juice into a bowl over hot water and whisk until thick and creamy.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the water.
- Reserve one pineapple slice. Chop the rest in the processor and fold into the mixture.
- Stir in the gelatine and fold in almost all the cream, reserving a little for decoration.
- Whisk the egg whites and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the mousse into a serving dish and chill to set.
- Decorate the top with chopped almonds, the remaining cream and pineapple slice.
Calories: 346 kcal
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Protein: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 8 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 163 mg
Sodium: 67 mg
Potassium: 251 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 31 g
Vitamin A: 647 IU
Vitamin C: 20 mg
Calcium: 84 mg
Iron: 1 mg