Veal Escalopes in Cream
This quick and easy recipe is perfect for date night, but also works for lunch, dinner, or snacks. Veal escalopes are pan-fried until golden brown and served with a creamy sauce.
- 4 veal escalopes each weighing 5 oz
- 2 oz butter
- salt and freshly milled white pepper
- 1/4 pint hot stock
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche
- generous pinch of dried lovage or sage
- Wash and dry the escalopes, cut off any skin and flatten each cutlet evenly with the ball of your hand. Heat the butter in a frying pan and fry the escalopes for 3-4 minutes each side, until brown and crisp.
- After turning, season to taste. Remove the cooked escalopes from the pan and keep them hot on a warm plate.
- Dilute the cooking juices in the pan with the hot stock, stir in the cream and boil up once.
- Crumble the lovage or sage and add to the sauce. Season to taste.
- Serve with: rice pyramids and broccoli, and radiccio salad
Calories: 337 kcal
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 13 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 147 mg
Sodium: 354 mg
Potassium: 450 mg
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 417 IU
Calcium: 25 mg
Iron: 1 mg