- 1 small leg of lamb
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes
- 8 oz onions
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 pint hot water
- 1 beef bouillon cube stock cube
- a little chopped parsley
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C) mark 5.
- Trim any excess fat from the lamb. Peel the garlic, cut it into thin slivers and press them into the lamb.
- Tie the sprig of rosemary over the lamb.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thick slices.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions and mix with the potatoes.
- Place them in a shallow heatproof dish, season well with salt and pepper and arrange the lamb on top.
- Crumble the beef bouillon cube, blend with the hot water and pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover with foil and roast in the oven for 30 minutes per lb (450g) plus an extra 30 minutes.
- After the first hour remove the foil, baste the meat and vegetables and return them to the oven to continue cooking.
- When the meat is cooked, untie the rosemary and place a fresh sprig on top.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with chopped parsley and serve straight from the dish in which it was cooked.
Calories: 410 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 52 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 152 mg
Sodium: 318 mg
Potassium: 1227 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 3 IU
Vitamin C: 25 mg
Calcium: 40 mg
Iron: 5 mg