- 1.3 lb kipper fillets
- 1 small onion
- 2 oz butter
- 8 1/2 pint Veloute sauce
- 8 1/2 floz mayonnaise
- 15 g gelatine
- 2 1/2 floz dry white wine
- 8 floz double cream heavy cream
- salt and black pepper
- lemon juice
- butter for greasing
- Skin the kipper fillets and cut into 2 - 3 cm pieces.
- Skin the onion and slice it finely.
- Fry the fish and onion gently in the butter for 7 minutes.
- Mix in the Veloute sauce and mayonnaise.
- Pound, or process in an electric blender to make a smooth puree.
- Soften the gelatine in the wine in a small heatproof container.
- Stand the container in hot water and stir until the gelatine dissolves.
- Add it to the puree and mix very thoroughly.
- Blend in the cream and season to taste.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Spoon into a lightly buttered souffle dish or oval pate mould and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve from the dish, or turn out the mousse on to a serving dish and garnish with lemon slices and parsley sprigs. Serve with hot toast and lemon slices.
Calories: 1608 kcal
Carbohydrates: 61 g
Protein: 138 g
Saturated Fat: 31 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 226 mg
Sodium: 56832 mg
Potassium: 2728 mg
Fiber: 9 g
Sugar: 20 g
Vitamin A: 1402 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 342 mg
Iron: 26 mg