Gajar Ka Halwa (Indian Shredded carrot pudding)
- 2.2 lb Carrots gajar, washed, peeled, shredded
- 6 floz Milk
- 2 1/2 oz Sugar
- 2 1/2 oz Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Green cardamom choti elaichi powder
- 4 tbsp Ghee
- 2 tbsp Almonds badaani, slivered
- 2 1/2 tbsp Raisins kishmistf
- 2 1/2 tbsp Walnuts akhrot, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cloves hung, ground
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg jaiphal, ground
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon dalchini, ground
- Boil the carrots and milk in a pan. Reduce heat to moderate and cook for 20-25 minutes, stirring continuously, till the mixture is nearly dry.
- Add both the sugars and half of the green cardamom powder, stirring continuously for 10 - 12 minutes. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pan on moderate heat; fry the almonds until golden. Add the carrot mixture, raisins, walnuts, and ground spices. Cook till the mixture begins to separate from the sides.
- Serve hot garnished with the remaining green cardamom powder.
Calories: 166 kcal
Carbohydrates: 24 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Cholesterol: 14 mg
Sodium: 67 mg
Potassium: 343 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 16 g
Vitamin A: 13917 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 58 mg
Iron: 1 mg