Fish Fillets in a Spiced Marinade
- 2.2 lb Fish steaks / fillets, with or without bones
- Salt for seasoning
- 1 3/4 floz White vinegar sirka
- 2 tsp Carom ajwain seeds
- 120 g Gram flour besan / Flour (maida)
- 4 tsp Red chilli powder
- 4 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 4 tsp White pepper safed mirch powder
- 3 tbsp Ginger adrak paste
- 3 tbsp Garlic lasan paste
- 4 tbsp Lemon nimbu juice
- 7 oz Vegetable oil
- 3 tsp Chaat masala
- Clean, wash and dry the fish.
- Prick each piece of fish with a sharp fork.
- Marinate the fish with salt and two-thirds of the vinegar and keep aside for 1 - 2 hours.
- In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients with the ginger and garlic pastes, lemon juice and remaining vinegar and salt. Whisk to a smooth and creamy batter.
- Coat each piece of fish evenly with the batter.
- Arrange the fillets / steaks on a flat tray and keep aside for 1 - 2 hours at room temperature.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan. Shallow fry the fish on medium heat till crisp and golden. Remove and drain the excess oil on kitchen towels and sprinkle chaat masala.
- Serve hot, garnished with slices of cucumber, tomato and lemon wedges.
Calories: 651 kcal
Carbohydrates: 21 g
Protein: 42 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 86 mg
Sodium: 152 mg
Potassium: 1153 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 567 IU
Vitamin C: 11 mg
Calcium: 68 mg
Iron: 3 mg