Cold Chicken Mousse (Mousse de Volaille Froid)
- 1.1 lb cooked chicken
- 6 3/4 floz chicken veloute
- 6 3/4 floz melted aspic jelly
- 10 floz lightly whipped cream
- salt pepper and nutmeg
- 3 floz melted aspic jelly
- Mince the chicken finely and pass through a sieve.
- Place in a basin and add the cool veloute and melted aspic jelly, stirring with a wooden spatule.
- Place on ice and continue to stir until the mixture shows signs of beginning to set. Fold in the cream and season to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a suitable earthenware or glass dish and place into a refrigerator to set.
- Decorate as desired, e.g. with cooked vegetables cut into neat shapes to form a pattern. Cover with cool melted aspic jelly and allow to set in a refrigerator.
- A curdled mixture may be rectified by slowly beating it on to a little veloute or cream, but this is not always entirely successful.
- The mousse should have an even, fine texture and be just firm enough to set.
- It should be of a delicate flavour; the flavour of the aspic should not predominate.
- Decoration should be simple and neat.
Calories: 841 kcal
Carbohydrates: 70 g
Protein: 42 g
Saturated Fat: 21 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 232 mg
Sodium: 193 mg
Potassium: 407 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 56 g
Vitamin A: 1193 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 74 mg
Iron: 2 mg