Chinese Cucumber, Pork And Chicken Soup
- 1 cucumber
- 2 oz very thinly sliced pork fillet
- 1 1/2 pints chicken stock
- 1 thick piece fresh ginger peeled
- 2 tsp cornflour
- salt and pepper
- Bring the chicken stock slowly to the boil with the piece of ginger in it.
- Wash the cucumber and cut off the ends; run the potato peeler lightly over the skin to remove just the outermost tough layer.
- Cut lengthwise into quarters and then into matchstick strips.
- Cut the pork into very thin strips, place in a bowl and dust with the cornflour mixed with 1/2 tsp salt, rubbing it gently into the pieces of meat.
- When the chicken stock comes to the boil, add the pork and simmer gently for 4 minutes; add the cucumber and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Taste and correct the seasoning. Remove and discard the piece of ginger.
- Serve very hot in heated soup bowls.
Calories: 95 kcal
Carbohydrates: 9 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 15 mg
Sodium: 263 mg
Potassium: 351 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 4 g
Vitamin A: 60 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 17 mg
Iron: 1 mg