Boiled Asparagus (Asperges l'Anglaise)
- 60 asparagus sticks
- 1/2 pint Hollandaise Sauce or hot melted butter
- Cut off the spurs by shaving with the point of a knife and peel the ends with a vegetable peeler. Wash, place 6 heads together and tie into portions, cutting the ends straight.
- Place the bundles into gently simmering salted water in a shallow pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- When tender, remove from the water, lifting by the string with the point of a knife.
- Serve on an asparagus dish with an inset drainer or on a folded table napkin.
- Remove the string with a sharp knife, cutting away from the direction of the tips and serve with a sauceboat of one or both of the sauces.
Calories: 81 kcal
Carbohydrates: 5 g
Protein: 3 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 125 mg
Potassium: 194 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Vitamin A: 726 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 23 mg
Iron: 2 mg