Tea, Rum and Orange Punch
This is a favorite punch recipe that is likely to be served at parties and gatherings because it's so easy to make.
- 10 oranges
- 3 1/2 pints hot tea not too strong
- 2 lemons
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 floz dark rum
- artificial sweetener to taste
- Peel a very thin layer of skin from one of the oranges and steep it in the freshly made hot tea.
- Squeeze the juice out of all the fruit except one half orange and one half lemon. Strain both juices and heat gently with the cinnamon stick.
- Slice the half orange and half lemon as thinly as possible and soak the slices in the rum.
- When the orange and lemon juice reaches boiling point stir it into the tea, add the rum with the fruit slices.
- Taste, and stir in artificial sweetener to taste, if liked. Remove the rind and cinnamon stick before serving.
Tea may be considered the national drink of Britain but it is only rarely used as an ingredient. A flowery orange pekoe would be particularly suitable here.
Calories: 122 kcal
Carbohydrates: 23 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 7 mg
Potassium: 412 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 16 g
Vitamin A: 376 IU
Vitamin C: 101 mg
Calcium: 77 mg
Iron: 1 mg