It's Thanksgiving. You've stuffed your turkey. Now let's stuff the stuffing inside the bird with this classic, easy to make recipe for Stuffed Partridge.
- 2 oz raisins
- 2 day-old bread rolls
- 2 onions
- 2 oven ready partridge each weighing 1 lb
- salt and freshly milled white pepper
- 8 thin rindless rashers fat bacon
- 1/4 pint game stock
- Rinse the raisins in hot water, then soak them in fresh hot water. Soften the rolls in cold water. Dice the onions. Rub the insides of the partridge with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze excess moisture from the rolls and mix them in a bowl with the onion and drained raisins.
- Use the mixture to stuff the partridge, sew up the opening and truss. Lay 1 rasher of bacon on the back, breast and
- each leg of the two partridge and tie into place.
- Roast the partridge in a roasting tin in a hot oven (230°C, 450°F, gas 8) for 30 - 35 minutes (after 30 minutes the meat will still be pink inside, after 35 minutes it will be well done).
- After 15 minutes of the cooking time, turn the partridge over and add the stock.
- When cooked, remove the bacon, transfer the partridge to a plate, turn off the oven and leave the partridge to stand in the oven. Dilute the roasting juices with a little hot water.
- Serve with: sauerkraut mixed with braised pears and bacon cubes
Calories: 811 kcal
Carbohydrates: 32 g
Protein: 91 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 29 mg
Sodium: 707 mg
Potassium: 1245 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 80 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 46 mg
Iron: 19 mg