Saucer pancakes with jam are a novelty pancake that is great for Shrove Tuesday.
- 2 oz Butter or Block Margarine
- 4 Tbls caster sugar superfine granulated
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup plain flour All purpose
- 1/2 pint milk slightly warmed
- Cream the fat and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time with a little of the flour.
- Fold in the rest of the flour.
- Stir in the milk (at this stage the mixture will probably curdle, but this does not matter).
- Half fill 6 buttered, heatproof saucers or very shallow wide patty tins with the mixture.
- Bake at once in the oven at 190°C (375°F) mark 5 for 15-20 minutes,
- immediately turn the pancakes out on to sugared paper;
- place a teaspoonful of warm jam in each, quickly and carefully fold in half.
Calories: 169 kcal
Carbohydrates: 15 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 79 mg
Sodium: 105 mg
Potassium: 82 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 379 IU
Calcium: 56 mg
Iron: 1 mg