Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
These cinnamon apple pancakes are light, fluffy, and made with only a few ingredients!
- 1/2 pint pouring batter see basic pancake mix
- 4 oz fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup butter
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 lb cooking tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 4 Tbls caster sugar superfine granulated
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- icing sugar confectioners sugar
- Make the pancakes from the pouring batter
- Fry the crumbs in 50 g (2 oz) butter until golden, turning often.
- Place the remaining butter, lemon rind, juice, apples, sugar and cinnamon in a pan, cover and cook gently until pureed. Add the fried crumbs.
- Divide this mixture between the pancakes. Roll them up. Place side by side in a single layer in a hot, ovenproof dish.
- Cover with foil. Heat in the oven at 170°C (325°F) mark 3 for about 20 minutes.
- Dust heavily with icing sugar before serving. Serves 4 - 8.
Calories: 392 kcal
Carbohydrates: 59 g
Protein: 5 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 41 mg
Sodium: 345 mg
Potassium: 282 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 32 g
Vitamin A: 572 IU
Vitamin C: 22 mg
Calcium: 79 mg
Iron: 2 mg