- 1 small aubergine
- 2 to matoes
- 1 large courgette
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 4 tbsps olive oil
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- 1 lb wholemeal pasta spirals or bows
- Cut the aubergine into 1 cm (1/2 inch) slices. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 30 minutes.
- Chop the tomatoes roughly and remove the woody cores.
- Cut the courgette into lcm/^-inch slices.
- Core and seed the peppers, and chop them roughly
- Peel and chop the onion. Crush the garlic.
- Heat 3 tbsps olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the onion gently, until it is transparent but not coloured.
- Rinse the salt from the aubergine thoroughly and pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Chop the aubergine roughly
- Stir the aubergine, courgette, peppers, tomatoes and garlic into the onion, and fry gently for 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and allow to cool completely
- Cook the pasta spirals in plenty of boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Rinse the pasta spirals in cold water and drain well.
- Put the pasta spirals into a large mixing bowl, and stir in the remaining 1 tbsp olive oil.
- Stir the vegetables into the pasta spirals, mixing well to make sure that they are all evenly distributed.
Calories: 620 kcal
Carbohydrates: 101 g
Protein: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 20 mg
Potassium: 947 mg
Fiber: 10 g
Sugar: 13 g
Vitamin A: 1679 IU
Vitamin C: 84 mg
Calcium: 61 mg
Iron: 2 mg