Friar's Beard Chicory With Garlic And Oil
- 1 1/4 lb friar's beard chicory see method
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small dried chilli pepper
- An almost infinite variety of green and leaf vegetables can be cooked in this way. Purslane is a good substitute for the friar's beard.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the whole, peeled garlic cloves and fry gently until very lightly browned.
- Crumble in the chilli pepper, stir, then add the friar's beard chicory or substitute.
- Stir-fry over a high heat for about 5 minutes, until tender but still with a bit of crispness left.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of salt, stir once more and serve piping hot.
Calories: 157 kcal
Carbohydrates: 7 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 33 mg
Potassium: 493 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 3179 IU
Vitamin C: 26 mg
Calcium: 81 mg
Iron: 1 mg