- 2 boned duck breasts weighing 11 oz each
- 12 oz plums
- 2 pinches each salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 oz butter
- 2 tbsp brandy
- scant 1/2 us cup soured cream
- scant 1/2 us cup single/light) cream
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Wash and pat dry duck breasts. Remove skin but don't discard.
- Wash, dry, halve and stone plums.
- Put strips of skin into a dry frying pan, cover and fry until crisp and brown. Take out of pan.
- Using fat still in pan, fry duck breasts for 3 minutes on each side, then season with salt and pepper and remove from pan. Cover with aluminium foil to keep warm.
- Pour away duck fat. Heat butter in pan and fry plums until juicy without losing their shape.
- Heat duck and juices gently with plums.
- Add brandy and heat, then set alight. After 3 seconds, put lid on pan.
- Keep duck and plums warm on serving dish. Combine cooking juices with soured cream, cream, cinnamon and cayenne pepper, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carve duck breasts in thin diagonal slices, and scatter with crispy skin. Serve sauce separately.
- Good accompanied by potato fritters and a green salad.
Calories: 222 kcal
Carbohydrates: 10 g
Protein: 23 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 95 mg
Sodium: 90 mg
Potassium: 445 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 455 IU
Vitamin C: 15 mg
Calcium: 12 mg
Iron: 5 mg