- 1 roasting chicken about 3.1 lb, cut into 6 or 8 serving pieces
- 4 1/2 oz plain all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 pint dry white wine
- 1 green bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 1 carrot chopped finely
- 1 celery stalk chopped finely
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 7 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken pieces with paper towels. Lightly dust them with seasoned flour.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan (skillet). Add the chicken and fry over a medium heat until browned all over. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat in the pan. Add the wine and stir for a few minutes. Then add the (bell) peppers, carrots, celery and garlic, season with salt and pepper to taste and simmer together for about 15 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring often, until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Check the seasoning before serving piping hot.
Calories: 815 kcal
Carbohydrates: 34 g
Protein: 37 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Cholesterol: 164 mg
Sodium: 224 mg
Potassium: 816 mg
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 3 g
Vitamin A: 4226 IU
Vitamin C: 10 mg
Calcium: 64 mg
Iron: 6 mg