Chicken and Banana Double Deckers
The amount of curry powder you use will depend on how strong a curry flavour you like. If you do not have a blender, chop the chicken finely, then put the onion mixture into a bowl and mix in the mayonnaise, lemon juice and chicken stirring well to combine all the ingredients.
- 6 oz boneless cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons thick bottled mayonnaise
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon sultanas
- butter for spreading
- 8 slices brown bread crusts removed
- 4 slices white bread crusts removed
- 8 teaspoons mango chutney
- 2 bananas
- 4 teaspoons desiccated coconut
- Heat the oil in a small pan, add the onion and fry gently for 5 minutes until soft and lightly coloured. Sprinkle over curry powder and cook for 2 minutes.
- Put the chicken and the onion mixture into a blender. Add the mayonnaise and 2 teaspoons lemon juice and blend for 1 - 2 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Stir the sultanas into the chicken mixture until well blended.
- Spread butter on one side of all the slices of bread. Lay 4 brown slices, buttered side up, on a board. Divide the chicken mixture between them, spreading it evenly. Top with slices
- of white bread, buttered side down.
- Spread the mango chutney over the top of the white bread slices. Slice the bananas evenly. Put the banana slices on top of the chutney and brush with the remaining lemon juice. Sprinkle over the desiccated coconut and top with the remaining brown bread slices, buttered side down.
- Cut sandwiches in quarters and arrange on a serving plate.
Calories: 518 kcal
Carbohydrates: 72 g
Protein: 18 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 35 mg
Sodium: 496 mg
Potassium: 561 mg
Fiber: 7 g
Sugar: 23 g
Vitamin A: 120 IU
Vitamin C: 24 mg
Calcium: 174 mg
Iron: 4 mg