Avocado and Ham
- Bread Dough Base
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 1 oz black olives chopped
- Special Tomato Sauce
- 4 small chicory endive leaves, shredded
- 4 small radicchio leaves shredded
- 1 avocado peeled, pitted and sliced
- 2 oz wafer-thin smoked ham
- 2 oz blue cheese cut into small pieces
- olive oil for drizzling
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh chervil to garnish
- Knead the dough gently with the sun-dried tomatoes and olives until well mixed.
- Roll out or press the dough, using a rolling pin or your hands, into a 25 cm (10 inch) circle on a lightly floured work surface. Place on a greased baking sheet (cookie sheet) or pizza pan and push up the edge a little to form a rim.
- Cover and leave to rise slightly in a warm place for 10 minutes before spreading with tomato sauce almost to the edge.
- Top the pizza with shredded lettuce leaves and avocado slices. Scrunch up the ham and add with the cheese. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season well.
- Bake in a preheated oven, 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6, for 18 - 20 minutes, or until the edge is crisp and golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chervil to garnish and serve immediately.
Calories: 2108 kcal
Carbohydrates: 276 g
Protein: 88 g
Saturated Fat: 29 g
Cholesterol: 78 mg
Sodium: 4436 mg
Potassium: 7232 mg
Fiber: 77 g
Sugar: 15 g
Vitamin A: 39914 IU
Vitamin C: 141 mg
Calcium: 1648 mg
Iron: 28 mg