Asparagus and Spinach Tart
- 1.1 lb pack shortcrust pastry
- 2 large potatoes peeled, sliced and cooked
- 4 1/3 oz fine asparagus
- 8 3/4 oz bag spinach
- 1/2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz Cheddar cheese grated
- 3 medium eggs lightly beaten
- 9 1/2 floz pot double cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
- Grease and line a 29 cm deep fluted flan tin.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line the flan tin.
- Lightly prick the base and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place a piece of baking parchment over the pastry, cover evenly with uncooked rice or baking beans, and bake blind for 10 minutes.
- Remove the parchment and rice and continue baking for a further 5 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile cook the asparagus for 2 minutes in boiling water. Drain and refresh under cold, running water.
- Place a layer of potato slices, a pinch of paprika, seasoning and a sprinkling of cheese in the pastry case.
- Add a layer of spinach leaves, a pinch of paprika, seasoning and grated cheese. Repeat the layers.
- Whisk the eggs and cream toegther and pour over the filling.
- Arrange a line of cooked aspargus over the top and pour a little more egg mixture over.
- bake for 25 minutes or until golden and set.
Calories: 329 kcal
Carbohydrates: 36 g
Protein: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 94 mg
Sodium: 328 mg
Potassium: 427 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 3010 IU
Vitamin C: 16 mg
Calcium: 105 mg
Iron: 3 mg