Spanish Style Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 1 lb in total
- Fry Light for spraying
- 1 red onion peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
- 1 large red pepper cored, deseeded and sliced
- 1 large yellow pepper cored, deseeded and sliced
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes with herbs
- 1/4 pint chicken stock made with Bovril
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 2 oz chorizo sausage thickly sliced
- 15 black olives pitted
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- roughly torn parsley to garnish
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Lightly spray a large non-stick frying
- pan with Fry Light and place over a high heat. Add the chicken and fry, turning, until sealed and golden.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute, then add the peppers. Stir and cook for a further 3 - 4 minutes until slightly softened.
- Stir in the tomatoes, stock and paprika and bring to the boil. Add the chorizo to the frying pan and simmer for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. Stir in the olives and season well.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish. Scatter with the parsley and serve immediately, accompanied by a green salad.
- You can substitute garlic sausage for the chorizo if you like.
Calories: 352 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 25 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 96 mg
Sodium: 573 mg
Potassium: 699 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 6 g
Vitamin A: 2970 IU
Vitamin C: 113 mg
Calcium: 52 mg
Iron: 2 mg