- 6 oz fusilli
- 1.3 lb raspberries
- 2 tbsp caster superfine sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp flaked slivered almonds
- 3 tbsp raspberry liqueur
- Bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the fusilli and cook for 8 - 10 minutes until tender, but still firm to the bite. Drain the fusilli thoroughly, return to the pan and set aside to cool.
- Using a spoon, firmly press 225 g (8 oz) 1 1/3 cups of the raspberries through a sieve (strainer) set over a large mixing bowl to form a smooth puree (paste).
- Put the raspberry puree (paste) and sugar in a small saucepan and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for
- 5 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice and set the sauce aside until required.
- Add the remaining raspberries to the fusilli in the pan and mix together well. Transfer the raspberry and fusilli mixture to a serving dish.
- Spread the almonds out on a baking tray (cookie sheet) and toast under the grill (broiler) until golden brown. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir the raspberry liqueur into the reserved raspberry sauce and mix together well until very smooth. Pour the raspberry sauce over the fusilli, sprinkle over the toasted almonds and serve.
- You could use any sweet, ripe berry for making this dessert. Strawberries and blackberries are especially suitable, combined with the correspondingly flavoured liqueur.
- Alternatively, you could use a different berry mixed with the fusilli, but still
- pour over raspberry sauce.
Calories: 305 kcal
Carbohydrates: 59 g
Protein: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 6 mg
Sodium: 13 mg
Potassium: 386 mg
Fiber: 11 g
Sugar: 17 g
Vitamin A: 55 IU
Vitamin C: 40 mg
Calcium: 49 mg
Iron: 2 mg