- 1 3/4 lb cooked beetroot beet
- 1 small onion
- 1/2 oz butter or margarine
- 2 tbsp plain flour All purpose
- 5 1/3 oz natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp finely grated horseradish
- salt and pepper
- sugar optional
for the garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Peel and grate the beetroot and skin and finely chop or grate the onion.
- Melt the fat in a saucepan and fry the onion gently for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flour and cook gently for 1 minute, stirring all the time.
- Draw off the heat and gradually stir in the yoghurt.
- Return to the heat, and bring to the boil, stirring all the time, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the beetroot and horseradish and heat thoroughly.
- Season to taste, and add sugar to taste, if liked.
- Serve hot, garnished with the parsley.
Calories: 108 kcal
Carbohydrates: 18 g
Protein: 4 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Sodium: 154 mg
Potassium: 515 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 11 g
Vitamin A: 184 IU
Vitamin C: 10 mg
Calcium: 61 mg
Iron: 1 mg