Linguine with Mushroom Sauce
A quick and easy Linguine with Mushroom Sauce recipe for a perfect weeknight dinner.
- 10 oz linguine pasta
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 8 oz open cup mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 small glasses dry white wine
- 5 oz oyster mushrooms
- 5 oz chestnut mushrooms
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 floz Greek yoghurt
- Chop the onion finely and crush the garlic. Heat the olive oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes over a gentle heat, until softened but not browned. Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, ready for the pasta.
- Meanwhile, wipe all the mushrooms clean on kitchen paper. If it is necessary to wash them, quickly rinse them in a colander under a cold tap.
- Finely chop the open cup mushrooms, and add them to the pan with the onion and garlic. Continue cooking gently until the mushrooms soften.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley and the wine, then bring to the boil and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until the wine has almost evaporated. Reduce the heat.
- Add the linguine to the pan of boiling water and cook according to the packet instructions, leaving the pasta cooked but slightly firm.
- Meanwhile, slice the remaining mushrooms. Add them to the reduced mushroom mixture and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes, until the mushrooms are just tender.
Calories: 502 kcal
Carbohydrates: 67 g
Protein: 20 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 3 mg
Sodium: 46 mg
Potassium: 873 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 8 g
Vitamin A: 273 IU
Vitamin C: 7 mg
Calcium: 112 mg
Iron: 2 mg