Jogi Tarkari (Mixed vegetables)
- 1.1 lb Potatoes peeled, cubed
- 7 floz Mustard sarson oil
- a pinch Asafoetida hing
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds methi dana
- 5 grains Timmur optional
- 2 tsp Garlic lasan cloves, pounded
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric haldi powder Salt to taste
- 4 oz Onions peeled, quartered
- 7 oz Green peas hara matar, peeled
- 1 Capsicum Shimla mirch, cut into long strips
- 2 tsp Coriander dhaniya seeds
- 1 tsp Black cumin shahi jeera seeds
- 3 1/2 oz Yoghurt dahi
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper kali mirch powder
- 2 tsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ginger adrak, ground
4 Tomatoes, medium-sized, quartered
- 1 oz Fresh bamboo shoots cubed
- 2 Spring onions hara pyaz, cut into slices, with preen stems
- 1 tbsp Green coriander hara dhaniya, chopped
- Wash the potatoes, immerse them in water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan; add asafoetida, fenugreek seeds, timmur, and garlic. Saute till light brown.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the pan. Add turmeric powder and salt. Stir occasionally.
- Once the potatoes are half done, add the onions and cook for 5 minutes. Add peas and capsicum. Sprinkle more water if required and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the ground spices, mixed with yoghurt. Mix well and cook further for 3 more minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, bamboo shoots, spring onions, and 1/2 cup water. Simmer till there is very little water left. Serve hot.
Calories: 146 kcal
Carbohydrates: 26 g
Protein: 6 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 2 mg
Sodium: 420 mg
Potassium: 618 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 1167 IU
Vitamin C: 58 mg
Calcium: 76 mg
Iron: 2 mg