Gulab Jamun (Fried cottage cheese dumplings stuffed with pis
- 4 1/2 tbsp Soft cottage cheese chenna
- 1.1 lb Wholemilk fudge khoya, grated
- 4 tbsp Refined flour maida
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 16 floz Water
- 2 lb Sugar
- 5 tsp Pistachios pista, blanched, chopped
- 1/4 tsp Saffron kesar, soaked in 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp Green cardamom choti elaichi powder
- 16 floz Vegetable oil
- Rub the wholemilk fudge and cottage cheese together to a fine, creamy texture. Sieve in the flour and Baking soda and knead to a soft dough. Divide into 20 balls and cover with a moist cloth.
- Boil the water and sugar in a pan, removing the scum from time to time. Cook on low heat till a thread-like consistency is obtained.
- Make a thick paste of pistachios, saffron, and green cardamom powder. Divide into 20 portions.
- Fill a portion into each of the cottage cheese balls.
- Heat the oil in a pan; fry the dumplings over low heat till golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and transfer into the sugar syrup. Leave in the syrup for at least 1 -2 hours. Serve hot with the syrup.
Calories: 998 kcal
Carbohydrates: 132 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 8 mg
Sodium: 105 mg
Potassium: 90 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 127 g
Vitamin A: 93 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 34 mg
Iron: 1 mg