Colmi Nu Achaar (Fresh prawn pickle)
- 3 cups Prawns fresh, shelled, deveined
- 1 tsp Turmeric haldi powder
- 3 1/2 floz Mustard oil /Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 5 Onions large, minced
grind to a paste:
- 12 Garlic lasan cloves
- 12 Dry red chillies sookhi lal mirch
- a few Curry leaves kadhi patta
- 3 1/2 floz Vinegar sirka
- Remove the heads from the prawns and wash well in salt water. Drain till absolutely dry. Mix with turmeric powder and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan; fry the prawns with some salt till crisp. Remove and keep aside.
- Reheat the oil till smoking; saute the onions until golden brown. Add the ground paste and saute for a few minutes. Add the curry leaves and vinegar.
- When the mixture starts to boil, add the prawns and salt to taste. Lower heat and simmer until the mixture is dry. Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside to cool completely.
- Store in a glass jar and refrigerate until required.
Calories: 322 kcal
Carbohydrates: 20 g
Protein: 19 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 149 mg
Sodium: 683 mg
Potassium: 590 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 9 g
Vitamin A: 1072 IU
Vitamin C: 138 mg
Calcium: 110 mg
Iron: 2 mg