- 4 chicken quarters about 8 oz each, skinned
- salt and pepper ground cinnamon
- 2 large lemons or limes
- 2 large oranges
- 1/2 oz butter
- parsley sprigs to garnish
- Rub the chicken quarters with salt and pepper and a little cinnamon. Place in a lightly oiled casserole.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the lemons or limes and pour over the chicken.
- Grate the rind from one of the oranges. Peel the remaining lemon or lime and both oranges and chop the flesh.
- Mix the flesh with the grated orange rind and pour over the chicken. Dot the chicken and fruit with the butter.
- Cover tightly and cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until tender. Garnish with parsley.
- Limes are slightly sweeter and have a more subtle flavour than lemons. You can tell a fresh lime by its dark, glossy, tight skin
Oven temperature: 190°C, 375 °F, gas 5.
Calories: 494 kcal
Carbohydrates: 13 g
Protein: 33 g
Saturated Fat: 10 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 197 mg
Sodium: 175 mg
Potassium: 589 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 7 g
Vitamin A: 398 IU
Vitamin C: 63 mg
Calcium: 57 mg
Iron: 2 mg