Celery and Peanut Soup
- 4 large celery stalks chopped
- 6 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 oz margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 1/4 pints light stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons single cream to serve
- chopped celery leaves to garnish
- Heat the margarine and oil in a saucepan, add the celery and onion and fry gently for 5 minutes until the onion is soft and lightly coloured.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Lower the heat, cover and simmer gently for about 30 minutes until the celery is tender.
- Cool the mixture a little, then work in a blender for a few seconds until smooth.
- Return to the rinsed-out pan, place over low heat, then whisk in the peanut butter. Heat through until just boiling. Taste and then adjust seasoning.
- 5 Ladle the soup into 4 warmed individual bowls. Stir 1 tablespoon cream into each, then wait for a few seconds for the cream to rise to the surface. Sprinkle the chopped celery leaves in the centre of the bowls and serve at once.
Calories: 265 kcal
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Protein: 7 g
Saturated Fat: 7 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 24 mg
Sodium: 772 mg
Potassium: 338 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 5 g
Vitamin A: 736 IU
Vitamin C: 3 mg
Calcium: 44 mg
Iron: 1 mg