Apple Flan (Tarte Aux Pommes)
Apple Flan recipe is a delicious dessert that is easy to make and perfect for any occasion.
- 6 oz Shortcrust pastry dough
- 10 floz Thick sweet apple puree
- 1 lb Dessert apples cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- Grated rind and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 Tbs Redcurrant or apple jelly
- 2 Tbs Brandy
- Preheat the oven to fairly hot 200 °C (Gas Mark 6, 400°F).
- Roll out the pastry dough to about 1/2 cm (1/4 in) thick and use it to line a well-greased 23 cm (9 in) flan tin. Put the flan tin on a baking sheet.
- Spoon the apple puree over the bottom of the case to cover it completely, then arrange the apple slices on top, in concentric circles. Sprinkle over the lemon rind and juice.
- Put the baking sheet into the oven and bake the flan for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the pastry and apples are cooked. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Warm the jelly and brandy together until the jelly has dissolved. Brush the glaze gently over the apples and serve the flan warm or cold.
Calories: 193 kcal
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Protein: 2 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 143 mg
Potassium: 149 mg
Fiber: 3 g
Sugar: 19 g
Vitamin A: 55 IU
Vitamin C: 5 mg
Calcium: 12 mg
Iron: 1 mg