Apple Clafoutis Pancake
Apple Clafoutis is a giant fruit pancake, normally served and eaten hot.
- 5 eggs
- 5 1/2 oz plain flour sifted
- 5 1/2 oz icing sugar confectioners sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb cooking tart apples, cored and diced but unpeeled
- 2/3 cup mixed dried fruit such as raisins sultanas (golden raisins) and ready-to-eat dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar superfine granulated
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F) gas mark 5.
- Beat the eggs, flour and icing sugar together, or blend in a food processor, until the mixture resembles a batter.
- Add the oil and mix the batter again. Pour the mixture into a greased oval or round gratin dish that is deep enough to take the fruit: the mixture will rise, so use a dish at least 1.5 in (4 cm) deep.
- Combine the apples, dried fruit and caster sugar and distribute evenly over the top of the batter.
- sprinkle the allspice on top of this mixture. Cook for 30 - 40 minutes until risen and golden on top. Serve hot.
Calories: 557 kcal
Carbohydrates: 110 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 205 mg
Sodium: 88 mg
Potassium: 444 mg
Fiber: 6 g
Sugar: 56 g
Vitamin A: 361 IU
Vitamin C: 7 mg
Calcium: 54 mg
Iron: 4 mg