- 10 1/2 oz fresh pasta rolled out to thin sheets
- 2 1/2 oz butter
- 1 3/4 oz shallots finely chopped
- 3 garlic clove crushed
- 1 3/4 oz mushrooms wiped and finely chopped
- 1/2 stick celery finely chopped
- 1 oz Pecorino cheese finely grated, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt and pepper
- Using a serrated pasta cutter, cut 5 cm (2 inch) squares from the sheets of fresh pasta. To make 36 tortelloni you will need 72 squares. Once the pasta is cut, cover the squares with cling film (plastic wrap) to stop them drying out.
- Heat 25 g (1 oz) 3 tbsp of the butter in a frying pan (skillet). Add the shallots, 1 crushed garlic clove, the mushrooms and celery and cook for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the cheese and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon 1/2 teaspoon of the mixture on to the middle of 36 pasta squares. Brush the edges of the squares with water and top with the remaining 36 squares. Press the edges together to seal. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil, add the oil and cook the tortelloni, in batches, for 2 - 3 minutes. The tortelloni will rise to the surface when cooked and
- the pasta should be tender with a slight 'bite'. Remove from the pan with a perforated spoon and drain thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, melt the remaining butter in a pan. Add the remaining garlic and plenty of pepper and cook for 1 - 2 minutes. Transfer the tortelloni to serving plates and pour over the garlic butter. Garnish with grated pecorino cheese and serve immediately.
Calories: 415 kcal
Carbohydrates: 44 g
Protein: 12 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 100 mg
Sodium: 234 mg
Potassium: 235 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 510 IU
Vitamin C: 2 mg
Calcium: 100 mg
Iron: 3 mg