Smoky Fish Skewers
- 12 oz smoked cod fillet
- 12 oz cod fillet
- 8 large raw prawns shrimp
- 8 bay leaves
- fresh dill to garnish (optional)
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil plus a little for brushing
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- rind of 1/2 lemon or lime grated
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper
- Skin both types of cod and cut the flesh into bite-size pieces. Peel the prawns (shrimp), leaving just the tail.
- To make the marinade, combine the oil, lemon or lime juice and rind, dill and salt and pepper to taste in a shallow, non-metallic dish.
- Place the prepared fish in the marinade and stir together until the fish is well coated on all sides. Leave the fish to marinate for 1-4 hours.
- Thread the fish on to 4 skewers, alternating the 2 types of cod with the prawns (shrimp) and bay leaves.
- Cover the rack with lightly oiled 5. kitchen foil and place the fish skewers on top of the foil.
- Barbecue (grill) the fish skewers over hot coals for 5-10 minutes, basting with any remaining marinade, turning once.
- Garnish the skewers with fresh dill (if using) and serve immediately.
- Cod fillet can be rather flaky, so choose the thicker end which is easier to cut into chunky pieces. Cook the fish on kitchen foil rather directly on the rack, so that if the fish breaks away from the skewer, it is not wasted.
Calories: 267 kcal
Carbohydrates: 1 g
Protein: 31 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Cholesterol: 76 mg
Sodium: 103 mg
Potassium: 717 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 91 IU
Vitamin C: 4 mg
Calcium: 32 mg
Iron: 1 mg