- 4 oz puff or flaky pastry
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp caster sugar superfine granulated
- 1 1/2 level tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 oz blanched almonds chopped
- Knead the pastry trimmings together very lightly and roll out to an oblong measuring 10 x 35.5 cm (4 x 14 inches).
- Brush the egg white over the pastry to within 1 cm (1/2 inch) of the edges.
- Mix the sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle with the nuts over the pastry. Cut the pastry crossways to give strips 1/2 cm (1 inch) wide and 4 cm (4 inches) long.
- Sacristains can then be shaped in many ways. The strips can be twisted, shaped into circles or tied into knots.
- Place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 220°C (425°F) mark 7 for about 10 minutes until golden brown.
Calories: 38 kcal
Carbohydrates: 4 g
Protein: 1 g
Saturated Fat: 1 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Sodium: 14 mg
Potassium: 14 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 1 g
Vitamin A: 1 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 6 mg
Iron: 1 mg