Mascarpone is an Italian soft cream cheese made from cow's milk. It has a rich, silky smooth texture and a deliciously creamy flavour. It can be eaten as it is with fresh fruits or flavoured with coffee or chocolate.
- 8 oz mascarpone or full-fat soft cheese
- 1 egg separated
- 2 tbsp natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp caster superfine sugar
- 2 tbsp dark rum
- 2 tbsp strong black coffee
- 8 sponge fingers lady-fingers
- 2 tbsp grated dark chocolate
- Put the cheese in a large bowl, add the egg yolk and yogurt and beat until smooth.
- Whisk the egg white until stiff but not dry, then whisk in the sugar and carefully fold into the cheese mixture.
- Spoon half of the mixture into 4 sundae glasses.
- Mix together the rum and coffee in a shallow dish. Dip the sponge fingers (lady-fingers) into the rum mixture, break them in half, or into smaller pieces if necessary, and divide among the glasses.
- Stir any remaining coffee mixture into the remaining cheese and spoon over the top.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Serve immediately or chill until required.
Calories: 381 kcal
Carbohydrates: 25 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 14 g
Trans Fat: 1 g
Cholesterol: 153 mg
Sodium: 236 mg
Potassium: 188 mg
Fiber: 1 g
Sugar: 10 g
Vitamin A: 956 IU
Vitamin C: 1 mg
Calcium: 90 mg
Iron: 2 mg